I am currently sitting in Starbucks, trying to get back into the flow of things. I have several thoughts on my mind:
- What will 2009 bring? I turn 29 on April 29 (29 is a significant number in my family - my wife, eldest son, my brother and I all share days of birth on the 29th of different months)
- These next few weeks bring incredible change for me and I'm unsure, hesitant and excited to get going. I've been waiting for this and now it's time to prove my worth.
- My free wifi at Starbucks is about to end and I don't know what to do...
- I am wondering what I need to do to get the quality of my work to the next level. I want to get better, but unsure of what my next steps are.
- These people with their dogs outside make me laugh. Do dogs like to wear clothers, do they really?
- I am learning the value of quantity and quality. When I am at home I want to not just spend time with my family, I want to spend quality time with them. My Macbook, books, writing can all be put on hold while I play playdoh, drive cars on roads and play living room hockey. It can all be on hold while I take 10 minutes with my wife to laugh about life and talk about our future.
- I really like junk food. A lot. But I want to drop 20 lbs at least and it's going to take work. I am slightly OCD and if I can just wrap my brain around eating right and excerising a lot, I will become a freak of nature in a good way!
- I am interested in finding people that I can be in community with. People willing to break the bank in terms of finding new ways to create, marketing, teach, communicate, etc.
- I am left with words Seth Godin wrote, 'The opportunity this year is bigger than ever: to lead change, to create a movement in a direction you want to go.'
Matthew A. Hawkins